There's nothing better than a fresh warm cookie straight out the oven, even better when you know the ingredients are of the purest form, no added saturated or processed ingredients, complete wholesome nutrition straight from the source!
I've been playing around with chickpeas in every aspect of cooking, and this recipe is probably my favourite! The perfect snack cooked or if you're like me love eating the dough, that perfectly alright too!
I'll bake half the mix and keep the remainder in the fridge to either bake later through the week, or turn into bliss balls when I'm needing to cater to my sweet tooth in a hurry! The perfect lunch box filler, or afternoon treat.
2 cups organic chickpeas (2 cans)
1/4 cup coconut sugar
5-6 softened dates
3/4 cup coconut flour or alternative GF flour
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor besides the chocolate
- Pulse 3-4 times on high until the mixture is well combined
- Taste and sweeten to your liking
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Stir through choc chips, then roll dough into same size balls
- Place and press to make cookie shapes, repeat with remaining dough
- Place in the oven to bake for around 12-15 minutes, until slightly browned
- Keep extra cookie dough in an air tight container in the fridge to snack on or turn into bliss balls
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly, then enjoy! Keep remaining cookies in an airtight container in the fridge!