At the beginning of each week I'll baked a big tray of startchy veggies that I receive in my organic deliveries box, this ensures that I have a variety or fresh cooked veggies to add to any meal during my week, saving me time when creating something delicious in a hurry. This is where dips can come in handy, they serve as another form of protein for my diet, used as a spread, dip, marinade or sauce to any meal, ensuring whilst living on a plant based diet I'm getting enough protein through out my day to keep me going.
Tips to great dips, nice fresh veggies, add a form or protein whether its roasted nuts or a legume and utilise natural flavour, a little oil, herbs and spices or something citrusy to add some spring into the taste buds.
This recipe is simple, basic but oh so nourishing.
1 cup cooked white beans
1 large eggplant diced
3 baked garlic cloves
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 cup parsley
1/2 cup mint
1/4 cup olive oil
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180
- Coat diced eggplant in a little olive oil and salt, transfer to baking tray with the 3 cloves of garlic
- Roast until slightly browned and soft to the touch (test with a fork not your fingers)
- Transfer all ingredients to a food processor and blend until well combined
- Taste and season to your liking
- Blend again until creamy and smooth
- Transfer to a serving dish or keep in an air tight container in the fridge to serve as a side, spread or dip!