The way to anyones heart is through their stomachs right? But ever feel bleh after consuming something greasy and moorish to sooth what ever unsettling feeling your having to only have in reinforced after you consume it?
This pizza is something you definately won't be second guessing, filled with a vast arrange of nourishing veggies, gluten free base, and a decadent "cheezey" pesto, this is 100% the way to sooth those comfort food cravings in the most nourishing and loving way for your insides.
After all to the fuel the mind, and our energy we must fuel ourselves properly with the most pure and wholesome ingredients! Without limiting on taste and nutrition in the slightest!
I've been using Totally Nuts Organic Walnuts which have taken the flavour but also natural aspect of my cooking to the next level! Living on vegan diet my ingredients are my right hand, to use the utmost pure ingredient is when you know you are treating your body with the utmost respect! This pesto I'm about to show you doesn't have to be just restricted to pizza, it can be tossed through pasta, dip, spread or even tasteful by the spoon!
So lets get cooking!
Buckwheat Pizza Base:
1 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup chilled coconut oil
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia soaked in 1/3 cup water)
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- Set coconut oil in the fridge to firm
- Make chia egg and allow to set in fridge
- Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl
- Preheat oven to 180 degree's celcius
- Add in coconut oil, water and chia eggs to dry mixture
- Combine together until you have a dough consistency, it will be slightly crumbly
- Wrap in cling wrap, and set in the fridge to set for around 15 minutes
- Spread mixture on baking tray, and roll out evenly to pizza shape, on baking paper.
- Pre Bake for around 10-15 minutes or until the dough has slightly cooked through
- Add toppings then return to the oven!
1 cup toasted walnuts
1 large zucchini diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- Prep ingredients as directed
- Toast walnuts in a large fry pan over a high heat, until you can smell a nice nutty aroma (around 2-3 minutes)
- Place in food processor
- Add a little oil to the fry pan then saute the onion, garlic, zucchini and spinach
- Once cooked through add to the food processor with the remaining ingredients.
- Pulse on high, until the ingredients become well combined!
- Taste and season to your liking!
- Spread over buckwheat pizza base with toppings, store remainder in air tight container, for a delicious dip, pasta sauce or spread!
- Roasted Pumpkin, Capsicum, Cauliflower, Olives, Fresh Rocket and Avocado