Roasted Pumpkin & Carrot, Reishi Soup!
The Immunity Booster!
Soups are my go too in Winter.. and all year really! They are a great way to utilise ingredients and minimise waste! Having a bland reputation this recipe takes the simple Pumpkin Soup to the next level.. and a Medicinal one at that!
Using the combination of Reishi Mushroom, (the ultimate natural anti-viral killer), Ginger, Turmeric and creamy Coconut Milk to help your body absorb all the goodness, your body will be thanking you this winter season!
Living on a plant based diet, even with soup, I always ensure to add some type of protein. Commonly I add brown rice or quinoa, cooked tofu or in this case I added some pre baked marinated tempeh I had in the fridge, with some sauteed cabbage and spinach for some extra goodness! Sticking to that mindset "Eat with colour".
Don't be afraid to get creative with what you have! If you don't have Carrots, use Sweet Potato, or really anything for that matter, let your taste buds do the talking for you! Enjoy!
- 2 cups diced Pumpkin (I used Butternut)
- 4-5 large carrots diced evenly
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp Reishi Mushroom powder +
- Veggie Broth: 2 tbsp Herb Salt to 1 cup water
- or use organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp dried turmeric
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius
- Prepare all ingredient as directed
- Add Carrot and Pumpkin to baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and a good helping of salt, then place in the oven to roast for 20 - 25 minutes until soft
- The last 5 minutes of roasting add in the garlic cloves to the baking tray
- To make the broth combine Reishi Powder into a large Jug with some warm water and herb salt or with Veggie broth, set aside.
- Once cooked combine all ingredients in a food processor, and blend on high until well combined
- Carefully taste, season then blend once more!
- Serve with some brown rice, extra veggies or some crispy toasted bread!