Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, and yes I'm going to throw in the old wives tale.. it is very important! It gets your digestion moving, it provides you with the bulk of your energy for the day and most of all it can help set and create your mood for the rest of your hours!
So why not treat, nourish and tantalise your taste buds from the get go? It's always good when you can add a little veggies to start your day, combined with good complex carbs for lasting energy, combined with a complete plant based protein, this meal covers all nutritional bases!
Make in bulk to last you for the week! A great meal for kids or any age in that matter! Tasty, nourishing and naturally wholesome.
2 cups gluten free or organic wholegrain oats
2 cups of almond milk
2 medium grated carrots
2 grated green apples
1 cup chopped pineapple
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1 cup chopped nuts
2 tbsp date paste or 1 tbsp maple
- Prep ingredients as directed
- Combine all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl, mix together thoroughly
- Add in the wet ingredients, (squeeze the grated apple to remove the juice for extra moisture)
- You want a wet consistency, if the oats are looking a little dry simply add more almond or nut milk
- Transfer to a air tight container and leave in the fridge over night for the following morning and the rest of the week
- Serve with a topping of coconut yoghurt, and a sprinkle of activated nuts and seeds for extra protein!